John Wren, Chairman and CEO of Omnicom Group since 1997, has been a pivotal figure in shaping the company into a global leader in marketing communications. Under his leadership, Omnicom's portfolio includes renowned agencies like BBDO and DDB, serving over 5,000 clients globally. Recognized as a "Most Admired Company" by Fortune, Omnicom has consistently ranked among the top performers in the Fortune 500.
Wren's influence extends beyond corporate success. He played a key role in creating Omnicom in 1986 and, as CEO of the Diversified Agency Services (DAS) division, transformed it into Omnicom's fastest-growing group. Committed to talent development, initiatives like Omnicom University showcase his dedication. Wren's contributions to diversity have been acknowledged by the American Advertising Federation.
Outside the corporate realm, Wren is engaged in philanthropy and serves on the International Business Council of the World Economic Forum. His commitment to positive societal impact is evident through his support for organizations like the Lincoln Center and the Arthur Ashe Foundation. Numerous accolades, including the Ellis Island Medal of Honor, highlight his dedication to making a difference.
John Wren is the distinguished Chairman and CEO of Omnicom Group, a Fortune 500 company and a global leader in marketing communications services. His illustrious career within Omnicom began in 1986 when he played a pivotal role in the creation of the company. Over the years, he has been instrumental in shaping Omnicom into a world-class organization with exemplary corporate and divisional management, solidifying its position in the advertising industry.
Since assuming the role of CEO in 1997 and being elected President in 1996, Wren has steered Omnicom to excellence. The company's impressive portfolio includes renowned global marketing leaders such as BBDO, DDB, FleishmanHillard, Interbrand, Ketchum, OMD, PHD, Porter Novelli, Rapp, and TBWA. Omnicom's reach extends to over 5,000 clients worldwide, offering a spectrum of services, including brand advertising, media planning and buying, digital and promotional marketing, CRM, public relations, and specialty communications.
Under Wren's leadership, Omnicom has garnered numerous accolades, including being named a "Most Admired Company" by Fortune and consistently ranking among the top performers in the Fortune 500. The Wall Street Journal recognized Omnicom as Number One in its peer group. Wren himself has received prestigious accolades, such as being acknowledged as one of the Best-Performing CEOs in the World by Harvard Business Review and Best CEO by Institutional Investor. Advertising Age honored him as Executive of the Year.
Wren's influence extends beyond the corporate realm. He was appointed CEO of the Diversified Agency Services (DAS) division in 1990, a role in which he fostered growth and innovation, transforming it into Omnicom's fastest-growing and largest operating group. His commitment to talent development is evident through initiatives like Omnicom University, a benchmark for senior management training in professional service firms. The American Advertising Federation (AAF) recognized him for his contributions to diversity.
Beyond his corporate responsibilities, Wren is actively engaged in philanthropy. He serves on the International Business Council of the World Economic Forum and supports various charitable endeavors, including serving on the Board of Directors of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts and as a Trustee of the Arthur Ashe Foundation. His commitment to healthcare education for disadvantaged communities and numerous accolades, such as the Gold Medal Award from the Catholic Youth Organization and the Ellis Island Medal of Honor, showcase his dedication to making a positive impact on society.
John Wren envisions Omnicom Group as a global leader setting the standard for excellence in marketing communications. His vision emphasizes strategic creativity, client success, and a commitment to fostering innovation and diversity within the advertising industry.
- John D. Wren Chairman & CEO at Omnicom Group | Theorg
- John Wren | Marketscreener
- Omnicom Group Inc | WSJ
- John D Wren | Forbes
- Omnicom growth slows as John Wren stresses: AI can’t replace human ‘inspiration and genius’ | The Message
- Omnicom CEO Wren: upfront media-buying ‘held back’ as advertisers demand flexibility | The Media Leader
- Omnicom CEO John Wren declares ‘the great resignation is over | Adage
- Omnicom CEO John Wren Criticizes Wendy Clark for Leaving DDB 'in the Middle of a Crisis' | Adweek
- Omnicom CEO John Wren touts holding companys cash reserves | PRweek
- John Wren, aaron walton among 2023 advertising hall of fame inductees | Adage
- Omnicom Group Appoints Adams Chairman and CEO of Diversified Agency Services, Doolittle to President and CFO | Prnewswire
- Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript | Yahoo Finance
- Merger as a Career Capstone for the Chief of Publicis | Nytimes
- Omnicom CEO: 'We were a bit shocked and put off when Wendy Clark decided to move on in the middle of a crisis' | Campaignasia
- ‘Mad Men’ and the Era that Changed Advertising Share full article | Nytimes
- Thomas L. Harrison, Chairman Diversified Agency Services Division of Omnicom Group, Named Chairman Emeritus | Prnewswire