Katie Haun is a venture capitalist and former federal prosecutor who has made significant contributions to the tech industry and the legal sphere. As the founder and CEO of Haun Ventures, she has established a $1.5 billion venture capital fund dedicated to investing in web3 technologies. Her experience as a federal prosecutor, where she worked on high-profile cases involving cybercrime and corporate crime, provided her with valuable insights into the tech industry, which she later leveraged as a general partner at Andreessen Horowitz. She also served on the board of Coinbase as the company's first independent director and currently serves as the chair of its Nomination and Governance Committee. Katie has taught cybercrime and cryptocurrency at Stanford Law School and has been recognized for her work by organizations such as Fortune and Forbes.
Katie Haun is an accomplished venture capitalist and former federal prosecutor who has made significant contributions in both the legal and business spheres. As the founder and CEO of Haun Ventures, she has established a $1.5 billion venture capital fund that is dedicated to investing in web3 technologies. Her extensive experience in the tech industry and her legal background have made her a highly respected figure in the world of entrepreneurship and innovation.
Before her venture capital career, Katie spent over a decade as a federal prosecutor with the U.S. Department of Justice, where she worked on a variety of high-profile cases involving fraud, cybercrime, and corporate crime. She was also instrumental in creating the government's first cryptocurrency task force, which focused on investigating digital currency crimes.
Katie's experience as a prosecutor provided her with valuable insights into the tech industry, which she later leveraged as a general partner at Andreessen Horowitz. She co-chaired the firm's three crypto funds and played an instrumental role in identifying and supporting innovative startups in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space. Her success at Andreessen Horowitz led to her appointment to the board of Coinbase, where she was the company's first independent director and currently serves as the chair of its Nomination and Governance Committee.
In addition to her work in venture capital, Katie has also been active in academia. She has taught cybercrime and cryptocurrency at Stanford Law School and lectured on management at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. Her expertise in these fields has also made her a sought-after speaker, and she has appeared in numerous media outlets, including Bloomberg, CNBC, Forbes, Fortune, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal.
Katie's achievements have been recognized by a variety of organizations, and she is a lifetime member of the Council on Foreign Relations. She has also received numerous awards and honors for her work, including being named one of Fortune's "40 Under 40" in 2017 and Forbes' "100 Most Powerful Women" in 2018. Her impressive career trajectory and dedication to promoting innovation and progress have made her a role model for aspiring entrepreneurs and legal professionals alike.
Kathryn Haun's vision is centered around the belief that the internet is undergoing a paradigm shift with the emergence of web3 technologies. As the founder and CEO of Haun Ventures, she has dedicated her venture capital fund to investing in companies that are at the forefront of this transformation.
Haun's background as a federal prosecutor has given her a unique perspective on the intersection of technology and regulation. She has testified before Congress on this topic and has been a vocal advocate for creating a regulatory framework that balances innovation with consumer protection.
- Kathryn Haun Founder, Haun Ventures Former Prosecutor, United States Dept of Justice | Leighbureau
- Kathryn Haun Biography and Net Worth Director of Coinbase Global | Insidertrades
- ‘I’m Not Looking Where the Puck Is Right Now’: Katie Haun Picked an Awkward Time to Launch a Crypto Fund | The Information
- Katie Haun, the Prosecutor-Turned-VC | Bloomberg
- Crypto’s Katie Haun Buys $41 Million Silicon Valley Estate | Dirt
- Crypto Developer Platform Thirdweb Gets Katie Haun's Backing at $160M Valuation | Coindesk
- Venture Capitalist Katie Haun Says Crypto Trajectory Differs From Past Cycles – Here’s Her Outlook | Dailyhodl
- Katie Haun: 'We Are in This for the Long Haul' | Bloomberg
- Katie Haun Launches a Crypto Fund—and Makes Her Pitch to Web3 Founders | Wired
- Crypto investor Katie Haun raises $1.5 billion, the largest debut fund ever by a female VC | CNBC
- Following a16z departure, Katie Haun debuts Haun Ventures with $1.5B in capital to back crypto startups | Techcrunch
- Ripple case: SEC appeal unlikely as agency gains from ‘current confusion’ — Haun Ventures CEO | Cointelegraph
- Katie Haun: SEC “unlikely” to appeal XRP decision | Coinjournal
- Former US prosecutor Katie Haun weighs in on Ripple case ruling, foresees unlikely appeal | Cryptopolitan
- Bloomberg Studio 1.0 - Haun Ventures Founder & CEO Katie Haun | Bloomberg
- ‘Onboard the rest of the world to crypto’: Sovereign Labs raises $7.4M in round led by Haun Ventures | Fortune
- Haun Ventures leads $10 million funding round for Web3 gaming startup Argus Labs | Fortune
- Outside the Office with Katie Haun, Haun Ventures Founder & CEO | Bloomberg
- Commerce Thirdweb raises $24M at a $160M valuation from Haun Ventures, Shopify and Coinbase for its web3 development kit | Techcrunch
- Andreessen Horowitz Vet Katie Haun Raises $1.5 Billion for Web3 Fund | Decrypt