K Duker is the CEO of the Development Bank Ghana. Mr. Duker brings a wealth of experience in finance and investments, particularly Treasury and FX trading. With over 30 years of experience in leadership roles across different geographies including Ghana, the UK, and Asia. K Duker has experience in leading major FX technology platforms and treasury in Europe, the Americas, and the Asia Pacific.
K Duker was formerly the Managing Director of Dwennimmen Group Company Limited, an advisory firm that is passionate about connecting world-class expertise to Africa. Prior to this, he was the Managing Director for Asia Pacific at OANDA where he had full oversight responsibilities of the company’s operations in the region.
He has previously served on various Boards including Consolidated Bank Ghana, Executive Committee member of OANDA, and Fidelity Bank Ghana. He currently serves on the boards of Learning Skills International School, Dwennimmen Group Company Limited, and Resilient Ghana.
K Duker holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of California and a Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Barking University, Essex, U.K.
Kwamina Bentsi Enchill Duker, a seasoned finance and investment expert, has assumed the pivotal role of Chief Executive Officer at the Development Bank Ghana (DBG). With over three decades of experience in the financial sector, Duker brings a wealth of knowledge to this distinguished position.
Duker's journey to DBG is marked by his expertise in Treasury and Foreign Exchange (FX) markets, honed through roles at renowned institutions such as Deutsche Bank (UK and Singapore), Nomura Bank (UK), and Midland Bank (UK). His international exposure and leadership prowess extend beyond the finance world. Before his appointment as DBG CEO, Duker served as the Managing Director of Fidelity Bank Asia, a subsidiary of Fidelity Bank Ghana, and held a board membership at the Consolidated Bank Ghana.
In addition to his extensive experience, Kwamina Duker is known for his tenure as Head of Global Markets FX at Deutsche Bank (UK), where he managed assets exceeding €122 billion across Europe. Beyond finance, he contributed to the advisory realm as the Managing Director of Dwennimmen Group Company Limited, connecting world-class expertise to Africa. His role as the Managing Director for Asia Pacific at OANDA showcased his global leadership acumen. Presently, Duker's influence extends to the boards of Learning Skills International School, Dwennimmen Group Company Limited, and Resilient Ghana.
With a Master of Business Administration from the University of California and a Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Barking University, Essex, UK, Kwamina Duker brings a diverse skill set and a commitment to driving the Development Bank Ghana towards unprecedented success. Under his visionary leadership, the DBG is poised to play a pivotal role in Ghana's economic growth, providing accessible and affordable financial solutions to businesses seeking to thrive in the nation's dynamic landscape.
Kwamina envisions a thriving future where local businesses in Ghana stand as formidable contenders in the global market. His unwavering commitment is rooted in the belief that empowering and nurturing these enterprises is paramount.
By providing crucial support, the Development Bank Ghana aims to equip local businesses with the tools they need to not only compete but excel against foreign alternatives. Duker's vision is one where these businesses become beacons of innovation and excellence, contributing not only to the local economy but also making a mark on the international stage.
Recognition and Awards
- Mr. Kwamina Duker, the Chief Executive Officer of Development Bank Ghana | Norvan Reports
- We’re committed to building bankable and competitive businesses | Citi Newsroom
- Kwamina Bentsi Enchill Duker appointed first CEO of Development Bank Ghana | Live Ghana TV
- Ghana's new development bank aims to lend $600m | Reuters
- Development Bank Ghana committed to SMEs growth — K. Duker | Graphic Business
- Ghana development bank aims to lend $600 million to small firms over 1-2 years | Reuters
- DBG Partners With Commercial Banks To Tackle Hurdles In The Economy, Devise Measures To Cushion Private Sector | The Vaultz News
- Former Managing Director of Fidelity Bank, Asia, Kwamina Bentsi Enchill Duker has been appointed as the first Chief Executive Officer of the Development Bank Ghana (DBG) | Citi 97.3 FM
- CEO, DEVELOPMENT BANK GHANA | Ghana Association of Banks
- Development Bank Ghana | Women's Empowerment Principles
- Kwamina Duker appointed first CEO of Development Bank Ghana | MyInfogh
- Kwamina Bentsi Enchill Duker appointed as 1st CEO of Development Bank Ghana | GH Headlines
- Ghana: Kwamina Duker appointed first CEO of Development Bank Ghana | RegTech Africa
- Kwamina Bentsi Enchill Duker appointed first CEO of Development Bank Ghana | Joy Online
- Members of the Investment Advisory Committee | Investment Advisory Committee
- Kwamina Bentsi Enchill Duker appointed as 1st CEO of Development Bank Ghana | Citi Business News
- DBG Business Information | ZoomInfo
- Kwamina Duker | International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
- Development Bank Ghana secures $800 million from shareholders …ready to kick-start operations | Ghana Today
- Devt Bank Board Sworn In | Daily Guide Network
- DBG Disbursed Gh¢250 Million Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises ... Targets More Disbursements Next Year | MarketScreener
- Kwamina Duker, BOARD MEMBER | National Homeownership Fund
- Govt appoints Board of Directors and CEO For Development Bank Ghana | Ministry of Finance, Republic of Ghana
- Three sign pact to develop Integrated Financial Ecosystem to support growth of Asia-Africa SME trade | Business Ghana
- Make CBG a preferred digitally inclined SME Bank – Hon. Abena Osei Asare | The Vaultz News
- DBG loan book hits GHC302 million - Poised to boost SME growth | Business Ghana
- Ghana Web: Kwamina Duker appointed first CEO of Development Bank Ghana | Development Bank Ghana
- Government appoints Kwamina Duker as first CEO of Development Bank of Ghana | Ghana News Agency