Mahanagar Gas

Summary
Mahanagar Gas Limited operates as a natural gas distribution company in India. The company provides domestic piped natural gas (PNG), commercial PNG, industrial PNG, and compressed natural gas (CNG), as well as manufactures gas geysers. It operates 290 CNG filing stations that provides gas to approximately 8.5 lakh vehicles with 1,738 dispensing points; 550 km of steel pipeline and approximately 5,670 km of MDPE pipeline; and 4,339 commercial and industrial customers. The company's PNG is used for various applications, such as cooking and water heating, as well as in hospitals, nursing homes, hotels, flight kitchens, restaurants, places of worship, etc. Mahanagar Gas Limited was incorporated in 1995 and is based in Mumbai, India.

History

Mahanagar Gas Ltd. (MGL) was incorporated in the year 1995 as a City Gas Distribution (CGD) company. MGL is a Joint Venture (JV) between GAIL (India) Ltd. and BG Asia Pacific Holdings Pvt. Ltd. In the year 2006, GAIL (India) owned 84.50% of the shares of the company and BG Asia-Pacific Holdings Pvt. Ltd.&National Grid owned the rest 15.50% of the shares of the company .


Mission
We deliver natural gas for a better tomorrow.

Vision
To be the Natural Gas leader in India and to promote environment-friendly non-polluting energy sources.

Key Team

Mr. Srinivasan Murali (Sr. VP of Operations & Maintenance)

Mr. Atul Prabhu (GM of IA & Vigilance, Company Sec. and Compliance Officer)

Mr. Rajesh P. Wagle (Sr. VP of Marketing)

Mr. Chakrapani Atmakur (VP of HR & Corp. Social Responsibility)

Mr. T. L. Sharnagat (VP of Contracts & Procurement and Chief Risk Officer)

Mr. Gurvinder Singh Anand (VP of Projects)

Ramesh Narayanan (AVP of Revenue & Taxation)


Recognition and Awards
Mahanagar Gas Limited has received following awards in 2020:1. ICAI National Awards for Excellence in Financial Reporting 2019-20. 2. ICWAI National Awards for Cost Management 2019-20. 3. SKOCH Award for financial reporting and stewardship.

References
Mahanagar Gas
Leadership team

Mr. Sanjib Datta (MD & Exec. Director)

Mr. Sanjay Shende (Deputy MD & Director)

Mr. Rajesh D. Patel (CFO and Head of Financial Reporting & Treasury)

Products/ Services
Energy, Oil and Gas
Number of Employees
100 - 500
Headquarters
Bandra, Maharashtra, India
Established
1995
Net Income
20M - 100M
Revenue
500M - 1B
Traded as
MGL.NS
Social Media
Thu Feb 29 2024
About

businessabc offers a global business, SMEs wiki directory blockchain, NFTs, AI powered marketplace for businesses worldwide.

Follow Us
Produced by
In collaboration with
Logo

Copyright 2023 © businessabc powered by ztudium