Matt McKibbin is a former co-founder and Chief Decentralization Officer at D10E, which is a conference focused on decentralized technologies, philosophies, and social organization. He has also been involved in several early-stage blockchain startups, including Ubiquity, Trive.news, and TheSunExchange. Currently, he serves as an advisor to Network Society Labs, Humaniq, Securrency, and Loci.
Matt's competencies include IP/patents (Blockchain), identity/authentication (Blockchain), and payments & banking (Blockchain). He has organized the DC Bitcoin Meetup in the past.
Matt McKibbin is a co-founder of DecentraNet, which is an investment and advisory firm focused on blockchain and transformative technologies with a global impact. He is also a co-founder of AMMA Healing, a company that provides high-quality hemp products for health and wellness. Matt has been an advocate for decentralization and transformative tech since 2013 when he coordinated the DC Blockchain Meetup and was an active, early member of BitAngels. He has also served as the former co-founder and Chief Decentralization Officer at d10e, a conference focused on decentralized technologies, philosophies, and social organisation.
Matt is a sought-after speaker and expert on decentralization and governance, and he has spoken at leading conferences worldwide. His expertise has been featured in various media publications, including Bloomberg, Nasdaq, TechCrunch, CoinDesk, CoinTelegraph, and Bitcoin Magazine.
Matt received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Physics from West Virginia University. He has also been involved in several early-stage blockchain startups, including Ubiquity, Trive.news, and The Sun Exchange. In addition, he has served as an advisor to Network Society Labs, Humaniq, Securrency, and Loci. Before his involvement in blockchain technology, Matt worked for the Department of Energy at the Uranium Disposition Services and George Washington University.
Matt McKibbin's vision is centred around the transformative potential of blockchain and decentralized technologies. He believes that these technologies can enable a more equitable and transparent world by reducing the power asymmetries that currently exist in many social and economic systems.
Matt sees decentralization as a key driver of innovation and is passionate about exploring the potential of these technologies to create new business models and social organizations that are more resilient and sustainable. He is also an advocate for using blockchain to improve access to financial services and promote financial inclusion
- Matt Mckibbin | Crunchbase
- Matt McKibbin | Eviltwinbooking
- Matt McKibbin | Cryptopsychedelic
- Matt McKibbin | Wellfound
- Matt McKibbin Founder and Chief Decentralization Officer DecentraNet | Coinagenda
- Matt McKibbin | Medium
- Matt McKibbin | Source | Co-Founder at Amma Healing | Qwoted
- Matt McKibbin Founder and Chief Decentralization Officer at DecentraNet | The Org
- CoinAgenda Announces Top Speakers and Featured Sponsors at the Sixth Annual Puerto Rico Web3 and Blockchain Conference at Fairmont El San Juan | Globenewswire
- CoinAgenda and BitAngels present fifth annual Caribbean blockchain investing conference Dec. 7-9 | Cointelegraph
- A blockchain tweak could fix crypto’s colossal energy problem Ethereum is slowly moving to proof-of-stake. Is that good news for climate? | Wried
- Cryptocurrency and Psychedelics: Decentralizing Trust: An Interview with Matt McKibbi | Maps
- How Blockchain Technology Empowers Secure Data Exchange, with Matt McKibbin | Studentsforliberty
- Matt Mc Kibbin Co-Founder at Decentranet | Cience
- Matt McKibbin | Icohodler
- #23 The Human OS | Ted Moskovitz & Matt McKibbin | Fieldtriphealth
- Matt McKibbin Co-Founder at DecentraNet | Latoken
- Matt McKibbin BLOCKCHAIN EVANGELIST AND FOUNDER OF DECENTRANET | Bitangels