Alyse Killeen is a venture capitalist and founder of StillMark Co, an investment firm focused on early-stage blockchain technology companies. She has been an active investor and advisor in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space since 2013 and has invested in numerous successful projects in the industry.
Killeen is also a founding member of the Bitcoin Opportunity Corp, a nonprofit organization that aims to use cryptocurrency for social good. Additionally, she has written extensively on blockchain and cryptocurrency and is a sought-after speaker on the topic.
Before founding StillMark, Killeen worked as an analyst and consultant in the finance and technology sectors and holds a degree in Political Science from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Alyse Killeen is an American venture capitalist, entrepreneur, and cryptocurrency expert. She was born on March 27, 1984, in Denver, Colorado, and grew up in a family of entrepreneurs.
Killeen received her bachelor's degree in sociology from Stanford University in 2006 and later earned a master's degree in finance from the University of Florida. After completing her education, she worked as a financial analyst at Lazard Frères, a leading financial advisory and asset management firm.
In 2011, Killeen founded her first company, CitySourced, a civic engagement platform that enables citizens to report non-emergency issues in their communities to their local government. The platform quickly gained popularity and was eventually acquired by Motorola Solutions in 2013.
After the successful exit of CitySourced, Killeen turned her attention to the emerging field of blockchain and cryptocurrency. She became an early investor in the space, and in 2014, she founded StillMark, a blockchain advisory and investment firm. StillMark was focused on investing in early-stage blockchain companies and advising larger corporations on the technology.
Killeen's expertise in blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies has earned her numerous accolades, including being named to Forbes' "30 Under 30" list in 2016 and 2017 and being recognized as one of the top women in crypto by CoinDesk in 2018.
Currently, Killeen is a general partner at StillMark Co, which is now known as AK Ventures. She is also a board member and advisor to several blockchain and cryptocurrency companies, including bitcoin exchange Coinbase and decentralized prediction market platform Augur.
In addition to her work in the cryptocurrency industry, Killeen is also a vocal advocate for diversity and inclusion in the technology industry. She is a co-founder of Women in Venture, a non-profit organization that supports and empowers women in the venture capital industry.
Alyse Killeen is known for her vision of empowering individuals through decentralization and blockchain technology. She believes that decentralized systems can create a more fair and equitable world by removing the power from centralized institutions and giving it back to individuals.
Killeen is also passionate about using blockchain technology to solve real-world problems such as financial inclusion and supply chain transparency. She believes that blockchain can revolutionize industries by providing a more secure and efficient way of conducting transactions.
In addition to her work in the blockchain industry, Killeen is also an advocate for diversity and inclusion in the tech industry. She believes that diverse teams are essential for creating innovative solutions and building better products.
Recognition and Awards
- Alyse Killeen | Alysekilleen.com
- Alyse Killeen | Stillmark
- Alyse Killeen | Crunchbase
- Alyse Killeen | Forbes
- Why Bitcoin Is Thriving, With Alyse Killeen | Coindesk
- Alyse Killeen venture capital investor, private fund | Generalassemb
- Alyse Killeen Managing Partner | Schedule Sxsw
- Alyse Killeen Founding Partner Stillmark Co |Speaker Hub
- Alyse Killeen | IQ Wiki
- Alyse Killeen Overview | Pitchbook
- This VC only invests in bitcoin companies. Here are her 4 biggest predictions for the cryptocurrency | Businessinsider
- Lightning Network data company Amboss announces $4M seed round to power Bitcoin as a payments rail | Fortune
- Amboss Technologies Raises $4M Led by Stillmark to Optimize the Bitcoin Lightning Network as the Financial System of the Future | Yahoo Finance
- Stillmark, bitcoin venture capitalist firm appoints vikash singh as principal investor | Bitcoin Magazine
- As the crypto winter sets in, some VCs are taking the long view | Fortune
- African bitcoin mining firm gridless raises $2 million in funding round led by stillmark, block inc | Bitcoin Magazine
- Women in crypto: Alyse Killeen | Currency
- Alyse Killeen | Signal NFX
- Stillmark targeting $500 million raise for new bitcoin credit fund | The Block