Coinme is a cryptocurrency exchange headquartered in Seattle, Washington. This company specializes in providing cryptocurrency-related services, with a particular focus on making cryptocurrency accessible to a broader audience. One of their notable offerings is a network of bitcoin ATMs and kiosks, which allows users to easily convert their cryptocurrency holdings into cash. Coinme is recognized for operating one of the earliest licensed bitcoin ATMs in the United States, contributing to the increasing accessibility and use of cryptocurrencies for a wide range of users.
2014: Coinme was founded by Neil Bergquist and Michael Smyers in Seattle, Washington. It was established as one of the early players in the cryptocurrency industry, with a specific focus on making cryptocurrency accessible to everyday users.
2014 - 2017: Coinme began its journey by launching one of the first licensed bitcoin ATMs in the United States. These bitcoin ATMs allowed users to purchase bitcoin with cash, providing a straightforward on-ramp for those looking to enter the cryptocurrency market.
2018: Coinme expanded its services by partnering with Coinstar, a company known for its coin-counting kiosks located in grocery stores. This partnership allowed users to buy bitcoin through thousands of Coinstar kiosks in the United States.
2019: Coinme received additional investment and expanded its network of bitcoin ATMs and kiosks. They continued to work on making cryptocurrency more accessible to the general public.
2020s: Coinme's growth continued, and it remained a prominent player in the bitcoin ATM industry. They were focused on improving user experiences and expanding their reach to serve more customers interested in cryptocurrencies.
Coinme's mission is to foster greater financial inclusion by providing accessible and secure cryptocurrency services to a broad audience. They aim to make cryptocurrencies, particularly bitcoin, easy to buy, sell, and use, thereby empowering individuals to participate in the digital economy and the future of finance.
Coinme's vision is to create a world where cryptocurrency is a universally accepted and easily accessible form of value, enabling financial empowerment and inclusion for people worldwide. They aspire to bridge the gap between traditional finance and the digital economy, making cryptocurrency a seamless part of everyday financial transactions and services.
Neil Bergquist (CEO)
Neil Bergquist (Founder)
Michael Smyers (Founder)
Products and Services
Coinme provides a range of products and services designed to simplify cryptocurrency access and use:
Bitcoin ATMs and Kiosks: Coinme operates a network of bitcoin ATMs and kiosks that allow users to buy bitcoin with cash or sell bitcoin for cash quickly and conveniently.
Digital Wallet: Coinme offers a digital wallet that enables users to securely store, manage, and transact with their cryptocurrency holdings.
Online Trading Platform: Coinme provides an online trading platform that allows users to buy, sell, and trade a variety of cryptocurrencies, expanding beyond bitcoin.
Partnerships: Coinme collaborates with various partners, including Coinstar, to expand the availability of cryptocurrency services, making it easier for people to access digital assets.
Financial Services: Coinme aims to offer a broader range of financial services, bridging the gap between traditional finance and cryptocurrencies to promote financial inclusion.
- Coinme | Wikipedia
- Coinme Integrates USDC on Stellar, Enabling Borderless Digital Cash and P2P Payments | Prnewswire
- Coinme | Crunchbase
- Coinme: Bitcoin Accepted Here – Challenges and Opportunities for Crypto Payments | Thefintechtimes
- Coinme, Subsidiary and CEO Fined $4M by SEC Over UpToken Offering | Coindesk
- Coinme Secures Commitments of $1.5M in Funding from Ripple’s Xpring and Blockchain Finance Fund | Globenewswire
- Coinme Integrates USDC On Stellar, Enabling Borderless Digital Cash And P2P Payments | Liquidityfinder
- Top 10 Blockchain Startups That Are Riding The Wave Of Future Of Blockchain | Blockchainmagazine
- Blockchain and Digital Assets News and Trends - May 2023 | Lexology
- Coinme Introduces 6 Additional Crypto Instant Trading by Cash | Blockchain News
- April’s crypto scams, exploits and hacks lead to $103M lost — CertiK | Cointelegraph
- ‘This too shall pass’: Why crypto leaders are still optimistic about the industry amid FTX fallout | Geekwire
- COINME LAUNCHES CIRCLE’S USDC ON STELLAR NETWORK | Financefeeds
- Coinme Launches UpToken to Create Global Crypto ATM Network | Paymentsjournal
- 44 Blockchain Companies Paving the Way for the Future | Builtin
- You Can Now Buy Bitcoin at Your Local Walmart | Makeuseof
- Coinme is growing and 'hiring aggressively in all parts of the business' | Bizjournals
- Coinme Launches 300 Bitcoin-Enabled Kiosks in Florida After Securing Financial License | Coindesk
- Coinme Now Offers the Ability to Buy Bitcoin at Coinstar Kiosks | Globenewswire