Connie Gallippi is the Founder and Executive Director Emeritus of BitGive, the first government-recognized 501(c)(3) Bitcoin nonprofit. With over 22 years of experience in the private and nonprofit sectors, including 14 years with environmental organizations in California, Gallippi specializes in consulting, strategy development, policy and advocacy, funding assistance, and program direction and management.
Her notable work includes the development and implementation of multi-million dollar programs in public funding for sustainable development, urban greening, climate change, and water. She is currently consulting with Heifer International after their acquisition of BitGive in 2022, and she is serving on the Board of Directors for the Sierra Business Council while volunteering with Tahoe Silicon Mountain.
Connie Gallippi is an environmental entrepreneur and executive with over 22 years of experience in the private and nonprofit sectors. She is best known as the Founder and Executive Director Emeritus of BitGive, which was established in 2013 as the first government-recognized 501(c)(3) Bitcoin nonprofit organization. BitGive has built a positive philanthropic representative organization for the Bitcoin and Blockchain industry, bridging the gap between innovative technology and its practical applications for nonprofits and humanitarian work in the developing world. BitGive has established strong partnerships and raised funds with well-known nonprofits, including Save the Children, The Water Project, TECHO, Medic Mobile, and more.
Connie has spent over 14 years working with environmental organizations in California, specializing in consulting, strategy development, policy and advocacy, funding assistance, and program direction and management. Her notable work includes the development and implementation of multi-million dollar programs in public funding for sustainable development, urban greening, climate change, and water. Prior to her work with BitGive, Connie served as the Executive Director of the Surfrider Foundation's San Francisco Chapter and worked with the San Francisco Department of the Environment.
Connie is also an advocate for diversity and equal opportunity, working to advance the rights of women in the tech industry. She has presented internationally on the social impact of Bitcoin and Blockchain and is a frequent public speaker on crypto-philanthropy. Connie holds a BS in Natural Resource Management from Virginia Tech and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Sierra Business Council and volunteers with Tahoe Silicon Mountain. When she's not working, she enjoys skiing or paddleboarding around Lake Tahoe, California.
Connie Gallippi's vision is to promote practical philanthropic solutions for humanitarian work globally, leveraging blockchain technology. Through her work with BitGive, she aims to bridge the gap between innovative technology, such as Bitcoin and blockchain, and its practical applications for nonprofits and humanitarian work in the developing world. Gallippi also advocates for diversity and equal opportunity in the tech industry, working to advance the rights of women. Overall, her goal is to make a positive impact on society and promote sustainability and social responsibility.
Recognition and Awards
- Connie Gallippi Board Secretary | Sierrabusiness
- Connie Gallippi | Councils Forbes
- Championing Social Change | Resource Alliances
- Connie Gallippi Email & Phone Number | Zoominfor
- BitPay | Gloden
- The top 50 most influential females in crypto | Cryptoweekly
- Silicon Valley’s Bitcoin Charity: financefeeds interviews bitgive founder Connie Gallippi | Financefeeds
- Heifer International Acquires BitGive | Arkansasbusiness
- These 3 Women Proved that Crypto is not cryptic to Women: Kathleen Breitman, Connie Gallippi & Elizabeth Rossiello | Coinnounce
- Bitcoin Nonprofit BITGIVE Launches GiveTrack Beta at Money2020 | Paymentsjournal
- Here’s how you can get amazon to kick some cash to a bitcoin charity | Bitcoinmagazine
- BitGive Officially recognized as Charity by IRS | Cointelegraph
- Connie Gallippi Founder and Executive Director at BitGive Foundation | Cryptofest
- Connie Gallippi: A Pioneer Bridging the Gap Between the Non-Profit Space and Bitcoin | Btcpodcasting
- Connie Gallippi | Bitcoinmagazine
- Connie Gallippi Founder and Executive Director | Americanbanker
- Connie Gallippi on cryptophilanthropy and blockchain | Cafonline
- Connie Gallippi: Founder and Exec Director at BitGive Reveals that Bitcoin as a Store of Value and Currency Is Highly-Valued in Latin America | Crowdfundinsider
- Bitgive CEO Connie Gallippi on charitable initiatives | Bitcoin Knowledge