Ervin Tu is a distinguished business executive currently serving as the interim CEO of a prominent organization since September 2023. Prior to this role, he held the position of group chief investment officer, showcasing his expertise in financial management and investment strategies. Ervin's career includes a significant tenure as a managing partner at the SoftBank Vision Fund, where he played a key role in major technology investments. His background also encompasses leadership roles at SoftBank Group International and Goldman Sachs, focusing on M&A and corporate finance in the technology sector. Ervin is an alumnus of Dartmouth College and holds an MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management. With a robust track record in strategic leadership and financial acumen, Ervin Tu continues to make a substantial impact on the business landscape.
Ervin Tu is a seasoned executive and financial strategist who currently serves as the interim CEO of a prominent organization, a position he assumed in September 2023. His journey with the company began in August 2021 when he was appointed as the group chief investment officer, showcasing his expertise in financial management and investment strategies.
Prior to his role as interim CEO, Ervin held the position of managing partner at the SoftBank Vision Fund, a globally recognized investment fund. During his tenure, he played a pivotal role in steering investments in major technology companies, including Uber and Bytedance. His influence extended across diverse technology sectors such as transportation, logistics, next-gen media, and sustainability.
Before joining the SoftBank Vision Fund, Ervin made significant contributions to SoftBank Group International, where he co-led M&A (mergers and acquisitions) and corporate finance initiatives. His strategic insights and financial acumen played a crucial role in shaping the company's international ventures.
Ervin's earlier career includes a notable stint as a managing director in the technology banking group at Goldman Sachs. During this time, he focused on mergers and acquisitions, further honing his expertise in the intricate dynamics of the technology sector.
Ervin is an alumnus of Dartmouth College, where he earned his AB (Bachelor of Arts). He continued his education at the prestigious MIT Sloan School of Management, obtaining an MBA that undoubtedly enhanced his leadership and management skills.
With a wealth of experience in investment, finance, and strategic leadership, Ervin Tu continues to make a significant impact on the business landscape, contributing to the success and growth of the organizations he serves.
Ervin Tu, an experienced executive and current interim CEO, foresees a future characterized by strategic innovation and sustainable expansion. Utilizing his considerable expertise in guiding investments across various technology domains such as transportation, logistics, media, and sustainability, Ervin is expected to emphasize forward-looking strategies. His vision is likely centered around harnessing emerging technologies to propel organizational achievements, cultivating an adaptable culture, and playing a role in shaping a more sustainable and interconnected global business environment.
- Tu named interim CEO at Naspers and Prosus | Globalventuring
- Naspers & Prosus CEO steps down, M&A chief Ervin Tu is successor | Telecom Economictimes
- Ervin Tu | Marketscreener
- Ervin Tu Interim CEO/Chief Investment Officer, Naspers Ltd | Bloomberg
- Interim Prosus CEO Ervin Tu promises discipline and stability | Techcentral
- Prosus’s New CEO Needs Answers to Same Old Problems | Bloomberg
- Naspers-owned Prosus names Ervin Tu head of investments | Reuters
- Prosus, Naspers CEO Bob van Dijk Steps Down, Ervin Tu Takes Charge As CEO | Bwdisrupt
- Naspers: Ervin Tu Appointed Interim CEO as Bob van Dijk Steps Down | Techeconomy.ng
- Naspers & Prosus CEO Bob van Dijk steps down with immediate effect; Ervin Tu, Group Chief Investment Officer appointed Interim CEO | Innovation-Village
- Bob van Dijk steps down as Naspers and Prosus CEO; Ervin Tu to be interim chief executive | Moneycontrol
- Prosus, Naspers CEO Bob Van Dijk Steps Down; Ervin Tu Named Interim | Marketwatch
- CEO Bob van Dijk Steps Down from Naspers and Prosus, Ervin Tu Assumes Interim Role | Startupstorymedia
- Prosus interim CEO Tu says not satisfied with investment returns | Reuters
- Naspers & Prosus CEO steps down, M&A chief Ervin Tu is successor | Theprint
- Prosus interim CEO Tu says not satisfied with investment returns | Yahoo News
- Prosus CEO exit leaves Tencent elephant in room | Reuters