Kevin Weil is currently the President of Product and Business at Planet, a startup that provides satellite imagery and data to governments, businesses, and non-profits. He is also an Operator in Residence at Scribble Ventures, an early-stage venture capital firm.
Previously, Weil held several high-profile positions at major tech companies. He served as Head of Product at Twitter for over six years, where he oversaw the development of products such as Twitter Moments and the company's ad platform. He then moved to Instagram in 2016 to lead the product and data teams, where he played a key role in the launch of Instagram Stories and helped the platform grow from 400 million to over 1 billion users.
After leaving Instagram, Weil co-founded Diem (formerly known as Libra) and Novi, two digital currency initiatives within Facebook. He spent three years building these initiatives before moving to his current roles at Planet and Scribble Ventures.
In addition to his work in the tech industry, Weil serves on the board of Strava, a social network for athletes, the Nature Conservancy, a global conservation organization, and the Black Product Managers Network, an organization that supports black product managers and leaders.
Overall, Weil has a strong track record of building and scaling products at major tech companies, as well as a deep commitment to supporting social and environmental causes through his board work and other activities.
Kevin Weil is a technology executive and entrepreneur who is widely recognized for his work in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space. He is the co-creator of Libra and currently serves as the Vice President of Product for Facebook's blockchain initiative, Calibra.
Prior to his work on Calibra, Weil was the Vice President of Product at Instagram, where he was responsible for overseeing the platform's consumer, growth, and monetization products. During his time at Instagram, the platform grew from 400 million to over one billion users.
Before joining Instagram in 2016, Weil spent several years at Twitter, where he served as the Senior Vice President of Product. In this role, he led product development and design across Twitter's consumer, developer, and monetization products.
Throughout his career, Weil has been a strong advocate for the use of technology to create positive social change. He has spoken extensively about the potential of blockchain and digital currencies to promote financial inclusion and provide greater economic opportunities for people around the world.
Prior to his work in the technology industry, Weil held software engineering and data science roles at Cooliris, Tropos Networks, Microsoft Research, and the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center.
With his extensive experience in product development, design, and data science, as well as his deep understanding of the blockchain and cryptocurrency space, Weil is considered to be one of the leading figures in the industry. His work on Libra and Calibra has helped to shape the future of digital currencies and has the potential to transform the way people around the world interact with money and financial services.
Kevin Weil's vision is centered around the idea of using technology to create positive change in the world. Throughout his career, he has been passionate about building products and services that empower people, improve their lives, and create value for society as a whole.
At Twitter and Instagram, Weil was instrumental in developing products that connected people, facilitated communication, and enabled self-expression. He believed that social media could be a force for good in the world, bringing people together and giving them a voice.
With Diem and Novi, Weil saw an opportunity to leverage blockchain technology to create a more open and accessible financial system. He believed that digital currencies could provide people with greater financial freedom, enabling them to transact with anyone, anywhere in the world, without relying on traditional banking systems.
At Planet, Weil is focused on using satellite imagery and data to solve some of the world's most pressing problems, including climate change, food security, and urbanization. He believes that technology can play a critical role in helping us better understand and address these challenges, and that by leveraging data and insights, we can make more informed decisions that benefit people and the planet.
- Kevin Weil | Golden
- Kevin Weil | Crunchbase
- 20VC: Kevin Weil on The Biggest Lessons from Leading Product at Instagram and Twitter | How Working With Kevin Systrom Impacted His Approach To Product | Thetwentyminutevc
- Kevin Weil | Ecorner
- Kevin Weil | Signal
- Kevin Weil President Product and Business | Investors Planet
- Preparing To Scale, Planet Welcomes Kevin Weil As President, Product And Business | Planet
- Kevin Weil | Nature
- Planet Labs rises 9% after executive buys $997K worth shares | Seekingalpha
- Programs…Launched! Data Feeds…Released! All Systems Go At Explore 2023 | Planet
- Insider Buying: The Planet Labs PBC (NYSE:PL) President of Product & Business Just Bought 62% More Shares | Simplywall
- Planet Announces AI Partnerships at GEOINT 2023 | Geospatialworld
- Insiders sitting comfortably on a US$77k profit after buying Planet Labs PBC (NYSE:PL) stock worth US$997k last year | Yahoo Finance
- Accenture and Planet Labs partner for satellite monitoring | Sustainabilitymag
- Planet Labs PBC Investor Day Scheduled for October 12th, 2022 | Businesswire
- Another one of Facebook’s digital currency founders has left | CNBC
- A Big Insider Buy Launches Planet Labs Higher | Tipranks
- Accenture, Planet Collaborate on AI-powered Geospatial Tools | Geospatialworld
- Planet And Bayer Expand Strategic Relationship | Planet