J. Michael Arrington (born March 13, 1970) is an American entrepreneur known as the founder and former co-editor of TechCrunch, a renowned blog covering Silicon Valley's technology start-up communities and the broader tech landscape in the United States and beyond. With an impressive online presence, Arrington has been recognized by magazines like Wired and Forbes as one of the most powerful individuals on the Internet. TIME Magazine also acknowledged his influence by selecting him as one of the world's most influential people in 2008.
Born in Huntington Beach, California, Arrington grew up in both California and Surrey, England. He pursued an education at the University of California, Berkeley, and graduated with a major in economics from Claremont McKenna College.
His career path included practising corporate and securities law at prominent law firms before venturing into entrepreneurship. He co-founded several successful ventures, including Achex, an internet payments company that was later sold to First Data Corp, and CrunchFund, a venture capital firm. Arrington has made significant contributions to the tech world, particularly through TechCrunch, which he later parted ways with but returned to writing for in 2012.
Additionally, he made headlines with his initiative, Arrington XRP Capital, a $100 million hedge fund denominated in the cryptocurrency XRP, which invested in numerous crypto startups. Throughout his career, Arrington's accomplishments and ventures have cemented his position as a prominent figure in the technology and investment domains.
Michael Arrington is a prominent figure in the tech industry and a successful entrepreneur and investor. He is widely recognized for his role in founding and leading TechCrunch, one of the most influential technology news websites in the world.
After graduating from Stanford Law School and Claremont McKenna College, Michael began his career as a securities lawyer at prestigious firms like O’Melveny & Myers and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. He eventually left law to pursue his passion for technology, and in 2005, he founded TechCrunch with the goal of covering the latest news and trends in the tech industry. Under Michael's leadership, TechCrunch quickly became the go-to source for information on startups, venture capital, and emerging technologies.
In addition to his work at TechCrunch, Michael has also made a name for himself as a savvy investor. His venture investments include some of the most successful startups of the past decade, such as Uber, Airbnb, and Pinterest. He also Co-Founded CrunchFund, a venture capital firm that focuses on investing in early-stage startups.
Beyond his work in technology and investing, Michael is also passionate about using blockchain technology for social good. He currently serves as an Inaugural Binance for Children Ambassador, advocating for the use of blockchain to help vulnerable populations around the world. Michael is also a Partner and founder of Arrington XRP Capital, a digital asset management firm focused on blockchain-based projects. With his vast experience and success in the tech and investment worlds, Michael Arrington is sure to continue making waves in the years to come.
Michael Arrington is a visionary entrepreneur and venture capitalist who has always been on the cutting edge of technology. He has a passion for leveraging blockchain technology for social good and is a strong advocate for the decentralized economy.
As a partner and founder of Arrington XRP Capital, Michael is deeply involved in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space. He sees the potential for blockchain technology to revolutionize industries ranging from finance and healthcare to supply chain management and identity verification. Michael believes that blockchain technology can help create a more open and equitable world, where people have more control over their own data and more opportunities to participate in the global economy.
Recognition and Awards
- Michael Arrington profile | Wikipedia
- Michael Arrington’s next act | TechCrunch
- TechCrunch Founder Sells $1.6 Million House on Crypto Real Estate Platform | Yahoo Finance
- Michael Arrington Steps Back at CrunchFund | Fortune
- Tech Blogger Parts With AOL | The New York Times
- Keli Callaghan Becomes Arrington Capital's Newest Partner | PRNewswire
- Arrington Capital Launches $100M Growth Fund for Moonbeam Ecosystem | Yahoo Finance
- University of California, Berkeley | openbusinesscouncil.org
- Stanford | openbusinesscouncil.org
- Michael Arrington's Linkedin profile | Linkedin
- Arrington Capital Scrubs $100M Anchor Yield Fund From Website After UST Upheaval | CoinDesk
- Arrington XRP Capital acquires crypto-focused private fund ByteSize Capital | Token Post
- Michael Arrington biography | Famous birthdays
- Binance Charity Names Blockchain Pioneers as Inaugural Binance for Children Ambassadors | Binance
- The Journey of Michael Arrington From A Tech-Blogger To TechCrunch | Startup.info
- Michael Arrington General Information | Pitch Book
- The Cointelegraph Top 100 Michael Arrington | CoinTelegraph
- Michael Arrington biography | CryptoSlate
- Michael Arrington Has a New $100 Million Hedge Fund That Will Be Valued in Ripple’s XRP | Fortune
- Michael Arrington Interview - Arrington XRP Capital - SEC Ripple Lawsuit - Bitcoin & Ethereum | Thinking Crypto