Notion is an entrepreneur-led venture capital firm focused on high potential businesses in the Cloud Computing and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) markets. Based in London, Notion invests across Europe in enterprise tech start-ups, typically growing fast with $1m+ in revenue, and founders who share our burning desire to build global, category-leading companies.
The fund was established in 2009 by Ben White, Chris Tottman, Ian Milbourn, Jos White, Stephen Chandler. It currently manages $350 Million in assets in 55 investments.
Notion Capital is a venture capital firm focused on European Software as a Service (SaaS) and Cloud companies. The firm was founded in 2009 by Stephen Chandler and Jos White, who are experienced, technology investors and entrepreneurs. Notion Capital is headquartered in London, UK.
Before founding Notion Capital, Stephen Chandler and Jos White co-founded MessageLabs, a cloud-based email security provider. MessageLabs was acquired by Symantec for $700 million in 2008, which was one of the largest technology acquisitions in the UK at that time. This successful exit gave Chandler and White the resources and experience to start their venture capital firm.
Notion Capital focuses on investing in early-stage and growth-stage SaaS and Cloud companies, with a particular focus on enterprise software. The firm typically invests between €1 million and €10 million in each company and has a portfolio of over 50 companies.
Some of Notion Capital's notable investments include Tradeshift, a cloud-based procurement platform; GoCardless, a direct debit payments platform; and Currencycloud, a cross-border payments platform. Notion Capital has also invested in several other successful European SaaS companies, such as NewVoiceMedia, Brightpearl, and Riskmethods.
In addition to providing funding, Notion Capital also provides operational support to its portfolio companies. The firm has a team of experienced entrepreneurs and operators who work closely with portfolio companies to help them scale and grow their businesses. Notion Capital also organizes events and provides resources to help portfolio companies network and share best practices.
Overall, Notion Capital's mission is to support exceptional founders on their extraordinary journeys. The firm has a strong track record of investing in successful SaaS and Cloud companies and has helped many of its portfolio companies achieve significant growth and success.
Notion Capital is a venture capital firm that focuses on investing in early-stage and growth-stage SaaS and Cloud companies in Europe. The firm has a specific set of investment criteria that it uses to evaluate potential investment opportunities.
- Solving significant problems: Notion Capital looks for companies that are solving significant problems in their industry and have developed innovative solutions to address them.
- Strong product-market fit: The company's product or service should have a clear value proposition and be able to generate significant revenue. Notion Capital looks for companies that have already achieved some traction in the market.
- Strong management team: Notion Capital looks for teams that have a strong track record of success, relevant industry experience, and a clear vision for the company's future.
- Potential for significant growth: The firm seeks companies that are operating in large, growing markets and have the potential to become market leaders. The company's business model should be scalable, and the firm should be able to grow rapidly without significant capital constraints.
- Based in Europe: Notion Capital has a specific focus on European SaaS and Cloud companies and believes that the region has a significant opportunity for growth and innovation.
By meeting these investment criteria, companies are more likely to receive investment from Notion Capital and benefit from the firm's operational support and network.
- Partnership: Notion Capital sees itself as a partner to the companies it invests in, rather than just a source of funding. The firm works closely with its portfolio companies to help them scale and grow their businesses.
- Entrepreneurship: The founders of Notion Capital are themselves experienced entrepreneurs, and the firm values the entrepreneurial spirit and mindset. Notion Capital seeks out founders who are passionate, driven, and innovative.
- Focus: Notion Capital has a specific focus on European SaaS and Cloud companies. The firm believes that by focusing on a specific niche, it can develop a deep understanding of the market and better support its portfolio companies.
- Collaboration: Notion Capital believes that collaboration is key to success. The firm brings together its network of entrepreneurs, operators, and investors to help its portfolio companies overcome challenges and achieve their goals.
- Diversity: Notion Capital values diversity and believes that it is important to have a range of perspectives and experiences represented within its portfolio companies. The firm actively seeks out companies led by women and underrepresented groups.
- Impact: Notion Capital seeks to invest in companies that are not only financially successful but also have a positive impact on society and the environment. The firm values companies that prioritize sustainability, social responsibility, and ethical practices.
The firm's mission is to support exceptional founders on their extraordinary journeys by providing capital, operational support, and access to its network of entrepreneurs, operators, and investors.
Notion Capital's mission is built around the belief that Europe has a significant opportunity for growth and innovation in the SaaS and Cloud space. The firm aims to identify and invest in companies that are solving significant problems in their industry and have the potential to become market leaders.
In addition to providing capital, Notion Capital also provides operational support to its portfolio companies. The firm has a team of experienced operators who work closely with portfolio companies to help them scale and grow their businesses. Notion Capital also provides access to its network of entrepreneurs, operators, and investors, which can help portfolio companies overcome challenges and achieve their goals.
Notion Capital is focused on investing in early-stage and growth-stage SaaS and Cloud companies in Europe. The firm has built a diverse portfolio of successful companies that are disrupting industries and driving innovation. Here are some examples of companies in Notion Capital's portfolio:
- MessageBird: MessageBird is a cloud communications platform that enables businesses to communicate with their customers via SMS, voice, and messaging apps. The company has raised over $300 million in funding and has offices in Amsterdam, San Francisco, Singapore, and Sydney.
- GoCardless: GoCardless is a payments company that enables businesses to collect recurring payments from customers via Direct Debit. The company has raised over $177 million in funding and serves over 50,000 businesses worldwide.
- Unbabel: Unbabel is an AI-powered language translation platform that enables businesses to communicate with their customers in multiple languages. The company has raised over $91 million in funding and has offices in Lisbon, San Francisco, and New York.
- Paddle: Paddle is a SaaS commerce platform that enables software companies to sell their products and services to businesses and consumers. The company has raised over $100 million in funding and serves over 2,000 companies worldwide.
- Tradeshift: Tradeshift is a cloud-based platform for supply chain management that enables businesses to manage their procurement, invoicing, and payment processes. The company has raised over $440 million in funding and has offices in San Francisco, Copenhagen, and London.
Notion Capital's portfolio also includes companies in other industries, such as cybersecurity, fintech, and marketing technology. The firm is committed to identifying and investing in companies that have the potential to become market leaders and drive innovation in their industries.
Ben White (Founder)
Chris Tottman (Founder)
Ian Milbourn (Founder)
Jos White (Founder)
Stephen Chandler (Founder)