Rohit Kamra heritage menswear has a regal Rajasthan sensibility and excellent craftsmanship, which endears it to the A-list set and royals.
Hailing from Jaipur, Rajasthan, fashion designer Rohit Kamra's menswear gently tweaks classics reminiscent of the state's heritage. The slim-fit breeches, dramatic bandhgala, blazers, Jodhpur jackets and achkans - subtly enhanced with handmade jewelled buttons, brooches and cuff links made with precious gemstones like rubies and emeralds - allows the fashion brand to continue strengthening its presence on the global Fashion map.
The designer filters classic Rajasthan references through contemporary lens and the metro-sexual look blended with aristocratic sensibility is his forte. The essence of the label is best described by rohit Kamra as “Modern Maharaja”. His signature style is established by the amalgamation of International Trends, Victorian traditions and Indian Royalty.
For his showing at the prestigious Rajasthan Heritage Week, Rohit Kamra presented "The Khadi Groom" — a menswear line with a regal sensibility. The collection focused on classics- among them sherwanis, achkans, bandhgala, kurtas, slim breeches and rider pants- reinterpreted with precision cuts and masculine draping. Breeches did not follow traditional logic.. riding down the legs in a slim fit so it's versatile in character while the bandhgala had a dramatic look to appeal to younger men.
It was apparent Kamra had focused on deft experiments with how particular seams are sewn, how the construction of an arm or leg subtly effects the silhouette, and how fabric can affect the draping. My last thoughts were how this was a collection that glanced back at the royal era but stayed current—and that should attract future Rohit Kamra-curious consumers.
In recent times Rohit Kamra opened a bespoke menswear store in South Mumbai. Per Fashion Network: "The store houses Kamra’s brand of men’s formalwear and mixes Indian tradition with Western silhouettes… As Kamra is working to make his brand more sustainable by using handloom textiles and ethically sourced materials.. he has done the same with his new store. Instead of opting for traditional luxury materials, Kamra has used reclaimed timber and other sustainable materials to fit the shop."
rohit kamra's store offers an expansive selection of menswear and accessories. Per LBB: "Although expensive (starting at INR 15,000), we quite liked Kamra's wedding collective featuring intricate needle-work, floral motifs and quirky geometrical patterns... While you're there, do check out his limited-edition Maharaja-style accessories, pocket square and shoes."
The brand mission of Rohit Kamra is to design menswear for the ‘modern maharaja’.
Menswear designer Rohit Kamra envisions filtering classic Rajasthan references through contemporary lens in order to offer the metro-sexual looks blended with aristocratic sensibility.
Rohit Kamra (Founder)
Recognition and Awards
Products and Services
Rohit Kamra retails contemporary versions of classic Rajasthan occassionwear like Jodhpurs, achkans, breeches and bandhgalas enhanced with handmade jewelled buttons, brooches and cuff links made with precious gemstones like rubies and emeralds. The silhouettes are sharp and the experimentation with fabrics - from silk wool to cotton and khadi - is impressive.
- Official website Rohit Kamra
- LinkedIn page of Rohit Kamra LinkedIn
- Rohit Kamra opens bespoke menswear boutique in Mumbai Fashion Network
- Story of modern maharaja Hindu
- Samant Chauhan and Rohit Kamra have a double store launch Vogue
- “It was like I grew up in the Maruti” Hindu
- Talking design with Rohit Kamra Times Of India
- Instagram page of Rohit Kamra Instagram
- The best men's fashion designer in town: Rohit Kamra Medium
- Facebook page of Rohit Kamra Facebook
- Twitter page of Rohit Kamra Twitter
- Rohit Kamra showcases The Modern Maharaja Fashion Network
- This Luxury Menswear's Collection Will Make You Look Like Royalty LBB
- New designer stores in South Mumbai perfect for a weekend shopping spree Vogue
- Rohit Kamra at Lotus Make-Up India Fashion Week autumn-winter 2019 Vogue
- Rohit Kamra at Amazon India Fashion Week autumn winter 2018 Vogue
- Rohit Kamra at Amazon India Fashion Week autumn-winter 2016 Vogue
Rohit Kamra (Founder)
Fashion and Textiles