Ryan Shea is a co-founder of Blockstack, a popular developer platform for decentralized applications (dApps) that raised $55 million in funding and has a vibrant community of thousands of developers. Prior to his work with Blockstack, Shea co-founded a software-as-a-service company called GraphMuse and served as President of the Princeton Entrepreneurship Club while studying Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Princeton University.
Shea is known for his expertise in cryptography and blockchain technology and has authored several popular open-source libraries in these areas. He is passionate about building companies, developing products, and growing communities, and has been a sought-after speaker and thought leader in the blockchain space.
In recent years, Shea has left his role at Blockstack to focus on starting his next company and continues to be an influential figure in the blockchain and decentralized technology community.
Ryan Shea is an American entrepreneur and software engineer who co-founded Blockstack, a leading developer platform for decentralized applications. Shea was born in 1991 in New York City and grew up in New Jersey.
After completing high school, Shea went on to study Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Princeton University, where he also took a minor in Computer Science. While at Princeton, Shea became involved in entrepreneurship, co-founding a software-as-a-service company called GraphMuse.
After graduation, Shea continued to pursue his passion for building technology startups. In 2013, he co-founded Blockstack, along with Muneeb Ali, with the aim of creating a decentralized computing network that would give users greater control over their data and online identities.
Under Shea's leadership, Blockstack raised over $55 million in funding and became one of the most successful developer platforms for decentralized apps, with a vibrant community of thousands of developers. Shea also authored several popular open source libraries in cryptography and blockchain technology.
In 2019, Shea stepped down from his role as Blockstack's CEO to focus on starting his next venture. He remains involved in the decentralized technology space and is known for his expertise in blockchain and cryptography.
Ryan Shea is a passionate advocate for decentralized technology and the power it has to transform the way we interact with the world. Throughout his career, he has been dedicated to building innovative products and services that empower individuals and enable them to take control of their digital lives.
At Blockstack, Shea co-founded a developer platform for decentralized apps that allows users to own and control their data. His vision for Blockstack was to create a decentralized internet that gives users the freedom to access and share information without sacrificing privacy or security. He believed that by putting users back in control of their data, it would create a more equitable and democratic online environment.
Shea also recognized the potential for blockchain technology to revolutionize the way we store and exchange value. He was passionate about exploring the potential of blockchain beyond just cryptocurrency and was interested in using it to create new forms of digital identity and authentication.
- Ryan Shea Technologist & co-founder of Blockstack | Oslofreedomforum
- Ryan Shea | Cypherhunter
- Ryan Shea Co-founder | Americanbanker
- College Freedom Forum | cff.ufm.edu | 35 Lecciones | Newmedia
- Ryan Shea General Information | Pitchbook
- Blockstack, Web 3, and Decentralized Apps | Slideslive
- Ryan Shea | Shea
- Ex-Co-Founder, Blockstack | Yourstory
- Ryan Shea | Reathistwice
- Ryan Shea | Crunchbase
- Blockchain Workshop Position Statement | W3
- Ryan Shea, Co-Founder of Blockstack EP. 9 | Castbox
- Blockstack | Theindexproject
- Tech Thinks It Has a Fix for the Problems It Created: Blockchain | Newyork Times
- U.S. venture capital's digital coin quandary: cash-rich startups | Reuters
- Bitcoin-Powered Internet Advances With $4 Million Blockstack Funding | Coindesk
- SEC Charges Token Sale Platform For Illegal $14M Securities Offering | Cointelegraph
- Yahoo Finance All Markets Summit: Crypto, February 7, 2018 | Yahoo Finance
- Blockchain to the rescue? | NST
- Meet the Team Making This Season’s Pied Piper Product on ‘Silicon Valley’ Real | Observer