Salesforce is a cloud-based software company that provides a variety of customer relationship management (CRM) services and solutions to businesses of all sizes. Founded in 1999 by Marc Benioff, Parker Harris, Dave Moellenhoff, and Frank Dominguez, Salesforce is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and has offices around the world.
The Salesforce CRM platform is designed to help businesses manage their customer interactions and automate their sales, marketing, and customer service processes. It is a comprehensive system that enables businesses to track and manage customer information and interactions, sales leads, customer service cases, and other related tasks in one centralized location.
One of the key benefits of the Salesforce platform is its ability to provide businesses with a complete view of their customers. It enables businesses to gather and track customer data from multiple sources, such as social media, email, and other channels, and then use this data to better understand their customers' needs and behaviours. This helps businesses to develop more effective marketing campaigns and customer service strategies.
Another key feature of Salesforce is its cloud-based analytics, which provides businesses with insights into customer behaviour and trends. This enables businesses to identify patterns and trends in customer behaviour, such as what products or services they are interested in, what channels they prefer to use, and what types of marketing messages resonate with them. This information can be used to optimize marketing campaigns and improve customer experiences.
Salesforce also offers a range of other features and solutions, including customer segmentation, appointment scheduling, e-commerce, and more. Businesses can customize the Salesforce platform to meet their specific needs and integrate it with other software and applications.
In addition to its software solutions, Salesforce is also known for its corporate culture and social responsibility efforts. The company is committed to using its technology and resources to make a positive impact on society and has established a foundation to support various charitable causes.
Salesforce was founded in 1999 by Marc Benioff, a sales executive at Oracle. It began its life in March 1999 from a one-bedroom apartment atop Telegraph Hill, San Francisco. The company's initial goal was to provide a cloud-based CRM software service that would help businesses manage their customer interactions more effectively.
In 2000, Salesforce launched its first product, Salesforce CRM, which was aimed at small businesses. The product quickly gained traction, and the company started to expand its offerings to larger businesses and enterprises.
In 2004, Salesforce went public on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "CRM." The IPO raised $110 million and valued the company at $1.1 billion.
Over the years, Salesforce continued to expand its product offerings through acquisitions and strategic partnerships. In 2013, Salesforce acquired ExactTarget, a leading provider of digital marketing automation and analytics software, for $2.5 billion. This acquisition helped Salesforce further expand its capabilities in the marketing automation space.
Salesforce has also made significant investments in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies to improve its CRM platform. In 2016, Salesforce launched Einstein, an AI platform that uses machine learning to provide predictive analytics, natural language processing, and other advanced features.
Today, Salesforce is one of the largest and most recognizable CRM software providers in the world. The company's products and services are used by businesses of all sizes and across various industries, including healthcare, finance, retail, and more. Salesforce has also become a leader in cloud computing, with a suite of cloud-based applications and services that includes Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and Commerce Cloud, among others.
The mission statement of Salesforce is "to empower companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way". This statement emphasizes the difference that Salesforce can make for its clients, by empowering businesses and stimulating change and growth. The mission also focuses on creating meaningful connections between companies and their customers. Additionally, Salesforce is committed to improving education, equality, and opportunity through its time, equity, and products.
The vision of Salesforce is to be the world’s #1 CRM provider, helping businesses of all sizes succeed by transforming the way they connect with customers. The company aims to empower people and businesses to connect in new ways, and to create a future where technology is used to improve people's lives and the world.
Frank Dominguez (Founder)
Bret Taylor (Board Member)
Alan Hassenfeld (Board Member)
Alex Dayon (President & Chief Strategy Officer)
Amy Weaver (President & Chief Financial Officer)
Brent Hyder (President & Chief People Officer)
Brian Millham (Chief Customer Success Officer and COO Global Distribution)
Christophe Cuvillier (Board Member)
Craig Conway (Board Member)
Recognition and Awards
Products and Services
Salesforce is primarily known for its customer relationship management (CRM) platform, which offers a wide range of products and services that can be used by businesses to streamline and automate their sales, marketing, customer service, and other related processes. Some of the key products and services offered by Salesforce include:
1. Sales Cloud: This is a cloud-based CRM platform that enables businesses to manage their sales processes more efficiently. It includes features such as lead and opportunity management, forecasting, and reporting.
2. Service Cloud: This is a cloud-based customer service platform that enables businesses to manage their customer service processes more efficiently. It includes features such as case management, knowledge management, and social media integration.
3. Marketing Cloud: This is a cloud-based marketing automation platform that enables businesses to manage their marketing processes more efficiently. It includes features such as email marketing, social media advertising, and customer segmentation.
4. Commerce Cloud: This is a cloud-based e-commerce platform that enables businesses to manage their online sales channels more efficiently. It includes features such as product management, inventory management, and order management.
5. Analytics Cloud: This is a cloud-based platform that enables businesses to analyze and visualize their data more effectively. It includes features such as data integration, data cleansing, and data visualization.
- Salesforce | Wikipedia
- Salesforce | Crunchbase
- Salesforce | Companieshistory
- Companies ranked by revenue | Companiesmarketcap
- Salesforce cut hundreds of employees Monday | CNBC
- Connect any system and data with Salesforce integration | Mulesoft
- HubSpot Salesforce Integration | Hubspot
- G Suite Business Software Market Revenue and Size Outlook | Zendesk, Salesforce, Mixmax | Chaminadetalon
- Salesforce, inc. Stock performance: a closer look | Claytoncountyregister
- A former executive says he was fired by Salesforce after raising concerns about software said to process and organize customer data in milliseconds: 'It was all a lie.' | Businessinsider
- Salesforce Revamps Slack To Increase Productivity | Hcmtechnologyrepor
- Activists back off Salesforce after share price recovery | Reuters
- Omni-channel Order Management Systems Market 2023-2031 Business Insights and Leading Brands Openbravo, Veeqo, Salesforce.com, Capillary Technologies, Aptos, enVista, Fluent Commerce, IBM, Infor, Kibo, Manhattan Associates, Mi9 Retail, OneView Commerce, Oracle, Radial, Softeon, Symphony RetailAI, Tecsys(OrderDynamics) | Chaminadetalon
- Accenture + Salesforce | Accenture
- What is Salesforce and What Does It Do? | The Street
- How to Automate Your Business Processes with Salesforce | Toptal
- Salesforce Pricing 2023: Everything You Need To Know | Forbes
- 8 Big Salesforce Hires In 2023 So Far From Oracle, AWS, Google, Microsoft | CRN
- Salesforce Researchers Introduce XGen-Image-1: A Text-To-Image Latent Diffusion Model Trained To Re-Use Several Pretrained Components | Marktechpost
Parker Harris (Board Member)
Dave Moellenhoff (Founder)