Tuur Demeester has a self-described “out of the box” approach to macroeconomic analysis, and it’s one that has made his insight into Bitcoin’s unprecedented potential sought after by institutions (in 2021, Demeester’s bitcoin alpha fund Adamant Capital was sold to Blockstream, where he is now an advisor) as well as individuals (Demeester’s is ranked as the third “best Bitcoin Twitter account to follow” by social media analyst Hive.One).
Combining deep research into historical patterns, an academically-rigorous approach and a willingness to embrace new innovation, Demeester’s outlook on how Bitcoin fits into our wider world has been remarkable for its consistency and prescience for more than a decade.
He first recommended BTC as an investment to readers of his newsletter in 2012, when it was priced at $5. In 2013 (with bitcoin priced around $100), he told Bitcoin Magazine:
“I think bitcoin and the cryptocurrencies are the greatest investment opportunity of our day and age. First of all because bitcoin has all the qualities to make for an ideal money, to a greater extent than any digital or tangible commodity on the planet. Second, in contrast with traditional fiat money, bitcoin is designed for the internet; it’s open source, it’s mobile, fast, and it allows for personal privacy. Third, because we are approaching a bankruptcy event in the developed economies, both in banks and governments, I think that bitcoin, as a discrete and nonconfiscatable currency, will benefit greatly from the capital flight that will ensue.”
Tuur Demeester is a prominent macroeconomic analyst, Bitcoin investor, blockchain technology expert, and the editor-in-chief of Adamant Research. He has established himself as a respected figure in the cryptocurrency industry, known for his insightful research and analysis.
Born in Belgium, Tuur developed a passion for economics and finance from an early age. He pursued his education in economics, earning a Master's degree in Business Economics from the University of Leuven. His academic background provided him with a solid foundation for understanding the complexities of global markets and monetary systems.
Tuur's journey into the world of cryptocurrencies began in 2012 when he discovered Bitcoin. Recognizing its disruptive potential, he delved deep into studying the technology, its underlying principles, and its implications for the financial landscape. Impressed by the innovation and decentralized nature of Bitcoin, Tuur became an ardent supporter and investor.
As an independent macroeconomic analyst, Tuur started sharing his insights and research on Bitcoin and blockchain technology through his blog and social media channels. His writings gained significant attention for their rigorous analysis and critical thinking. Tuur's ability to provide a balanced perspective on the risks and opportunities of cryptocurrencies earned him a wide audience.
In 2015, Tuur founded Adamant Research, an independent investment research firm focusing on cryptocurrencies and macroeconomic trends. As the editor-in-chief, he leads a team of researchers in analyzing market dynamics, investment strategies, and emerging trends in the blockchain industry. Through Adamant Research, Tuur provides valuable reports and commentary to institutional investors, traders, and enthusiasts.
Tuur Demeester is a Belgian economist, investor, and writer with a keen interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology. He is currently the Editor-in-Chief of Adamant Research, where he focuses on global macro investment opportunities, with a specialization in Bitcoin and blockchain technology. Tuur's approach is "out of the box," combining academic rigor, a focus on historical patterns, productive investment paranoia, and a knack for exploring new territories and opportunities.
Tuur Demeester has a strong vision for the future of the global economy, which he believes will be significantly impacted by Bitcoin and blockchain technology. He sees Bitcoin as a decentralized, global currency that has the potential to disrupt traditional financial institutions and empower individuals around the world.
Demeester's vision is centered around the idea that Bitcoin can create a more fair and transparent financial system, which will benefit everyone regardless of their socio-economic status. He believes that by eliminating intermediaries and reducing transaction costs, Bitcoin can enable greater financial inclusion and economic freedom
Recognition and Awards
- With insight honed since $5 btc, tuur demeester is ready for bitcoin 2023 | Bitcoinmagazine
- Tuur Demeester | Coindesk
- Tuur Demeester | Crunchbase
- I Was in a Cult with Tuur Demeester | Whatbitcoindid
- Tuur Demeester and Robert Breedlove: Swan Signal Live E14 | Swanbitcoin
- Interview with tuur demeester | Bitcoin Magazine
- A Noob Friendly Breakdown of Tuur Demeester’s Epic Ethereum Rant | Beincrypto
- Bitcoin dominance nears 50% as research hails ‘bullish’ narrative flip | Cointelegraph
- Bitcoin maximalist Tuur Demeester goes long on Ethereum | Decrypt
- Blockstream Buys Demeester’s Adamant in Expansion Into Bitcoin Investment Products | Yahoo Finance
- I Was in a Cult with Tuur Demeester | Whatbitcoindid
- Bitcoin Nears $30,000 as BTC Gains Massive Public Exposure in Germany Through ECB: Details | U Today
- Bitcoin is one of 2015?s biggest winners | CNBC
- Tuur Demeester: Bitcoin Price Above $50K ‘Not Insane at All’ | Cointelegraph
- Ethereum Co-Founder Vitalik Buterin Rebuts Criticism From Bitcoin Advocate | Newsbtc
- Vitalik Buterin: Breakthroughs Needed to Implement Ethereum 2.0 Already Done | Blockonomi
- Investment Summit: Bitcoin will prevail, but not as solution for all financial transactions, says expert | Caymancompass
- Hollow ICOs: Five Ways To Tell If A Crypto Token Has Merit | Forbes
- CoinDesk Releases Top 5 Analysts and Traders in Cryptocurrency, Tracks Culture Shift | Paymentsjournal