Won Soh is co-founder of Space Runners which is a groundbreaking fashion metaverse that not only builds digitally wearable interoperable fashion NFTs- which can be plugged into any Web3 Metaverse and games- but also enables a meta-commerce and wear-to-earn economy.
Won Soh has invaluable diverse experience. During July 2012 - March 2013 he was UNIFIL Peace Keeping Operations Specialist at the United Nations and looked after Peace Keeping Operations and Strategic Assessments. He was then posted as Squad Leader and Drill Sergeant of the Republic of Korea Army for almost two years. From there he moved to Google as Business Strategy Intern at their office in Singapore but left in a few months to join Bain and Company as Associate Consultant Intern in San Fransisco. Only for a few months.
Things got serious when he joined Berkeley Consulting as Executive Vice President and after two years moved to McKinsey and Company in San Francisco and worked his way up to the position of Senior Engagement Manager. It was a game changer. Here he focused on Private Equity M&A Due Diligences in addition to go-to-market strategies with high-growth tech companies and risk management. Won Soh's rich experience was the foundation of co-founding social metaverse Onara where you can connect and hang out with friends or explore a virtual town and go shopping.. walk alongside the beach.. and walk into bars categorised by interest to make new friends - all while on video chat.
The feather in his cap however is co-founding groundbreaking fashion metaverse Space Runners with Deniz Ozgur that not only builds digitally wearable interoperable fashion NFTs- which can be plugged into any Web3 Metaverse and games- but also enables a meta-commerce and wear-to-earn economy. As CEO of Space Runners, he combines his unparalleled expertise and relentless drive for innovation to develop cutting-edge technologies that generate impactful and thought-provoking content, experiences and products.
“If you really want to be an innovator, don't be afraid of trying and don't be afraid of change,” Soh told Forbes. “Things inevitably change, and change now happens faster than ever.”
Space Runners is revolutionizing the fashion industry by utilizing its expertise in technology, digital avatars and NFTs. The platform empowers aspiring fashion designers to create collections that can be physically manufactured or digitally worn within games, metaverses, or other virtual environments. This bridges the gap between the traditional fashion world and the digital space.
Space Runners secured over $10 million in funding to establish the first end-to-end fashion ecosystem on the blockchain with support from Polychain and Pantera Capital. The company's first collection with former NBA champions Kyle Kumza and Nick Young - NBA Champions Sneaker Collection - offers different traits applicable in Space Runners' upcoming Metaverse game. Furthermore, Space Runners collaborated with Balmain to create a limited-edition capsule collection of Unicorn sneakers- available in physical and digital formats.
Community is integral to the success story. "We are building a company in a decentralized way, meaning when we build we actually involve our entire community which includes tens of thousands of people on social media and Discord" Soh told Forbes. “We actually communicate with them every single day and seek out their feedback. We incorporate their feedback and suggestions into our products as we’re building them…”
Building the first end-to-end fashion ecosystem on the blockchain with secured financing.
- Profiled by NFT Paris NFT Paris
- How Entrepreneurs Can Innovate And Stay Ahead Of The Curve In Business Forbes
- LinkedIn page of Won Soh LinkedIn
- Reimagine What You Wear and How You Wear It HypeMoon
- Twitter profile of Won Soh Twitter
- Space Runners And Balmain Partner Up Haute Living
- Space Runners Raises $10M Yahoo Finance
- In the Metaverse, No One Knows You’re a Shill Pymnts
- Space Runners co-founded by Won Soh Space Runners
- Twitter account of Space Runners NFT Paris
- 8 start-ups getting tech makeover Tech Funding News
- Balmain and Space Runners Partner For NFT-infused Unicorn Sneaker Line NFT Evening
- US' Space Runners raises $10 mn to build fashion metaverse Fibre2Fashion
- Behind The Scenes: Balmain X Space Runners LinkedIn
- Balmain and Space Runners Debut The Unicorn HypeBeast
- How Space Runners and Balmain Are Shaping the Future of Fashion With NFTs
- Space Runners Ramps Up Development NFTGaters
- Instagram account of Space Runners Instagram
- Phygital Sneaker Collections Trend Hunter
- Sneakers You Can't Wear HubSpot